Luke

Luke

Monday, August 18, 2014

Well here I am back in Cape Town.  I've been back for just over three years now. We made the decision to leave Johannesburg when Mark's job he had at the time was made redundant. We immediately looked on the bright side and after a little deliberation decided to take the gap and start the process of moving - no easy task but well worth it now that we have settled down and have become true Capetonians again.

It's been over four years since I began blogging and since my last blog... wow, so much has happened in that time. Life is such a roller coaster, taking us from one extreme to the next. The ups and downs have made their mark and it certainly hasn't been easy. Mark had to start from the beginning with a new business after loosing everything with the recession. Slowly but surely he has built a business up from scratch that involves energy saving technology. The business is still relatively young and requires investment to get it going properly so we still struggle financially. However, we are a lot better off than we were five years ago and the business has come so far. I feel really positive about the future outlook of things.

My children are so much bigger. Time literally flies by with them standing right in front of my eyes. I feel so honoured and blessed to watch them grow and be a part of their lives. They are beautiful souls that I cherish with all my heart.

Lily is at a remedial school - Oakley House Remedial School - where she being nurtured and helped to catch up academically. She is happy there and I am hopeful that we will be able to mainstream her in the next year or two. She is a wonderful, warm and wise soul. I have such faith in her and treasure all her little quirks and moments that I am so blessed to be witness to.

My beautiful daughter has just started her first menstrual cycle - her right of passage into adulthood. We have made it a special occasion for her, with flowers from Mark and Simon (her dad) making her feel really special. A day off school so mum and daughter can spend quality time together while she adjusts to the new experience.  We will do a special ritual of sorts to mark the moment. Like a walk in nature with the women who mean a lot to her and then all of us giving her some words of wisdom and blessing her on her journey forward in this life.

My little Luke is a total live wire!! He is a happy, charming, gregarious, intelligent, very active little guy. Right now he is in Pre school but will be going to SACS next year for grade R. We are very excited as we believe this school will suit him down to the ground. He challenges us constantly which can be exhausting at times. I have found it very hard to be consistent with discipline as I am sure so many mothers do. However, I am becoming good at following through and this definitely is the way to go. He still likes to come and crawl in with us at night and I welcome this as I know its not for long. Besides, how can one turn that soft, snuggly little body away - impossible!!

I have dabbled in a few things to try and create an extra income but it is difficult being a full time mum and housewife while working. I would need very good aftercare facilities or help that would cost money which would defeat the purpose of earning money to help the household. For years I've been working on myself doing work like rebirthing, inner child healing and going to therapy with a metaphysical healer. She has been my mentor in so many ways. My intuition has always been very strong and over the years I have found I was able to help people with this. This 'inner voice' is getting stronger and I often found myself in the roll of the healer. Finally I have come to a place in my life where I am ready to start working with people clearing blockages and shifting them out of negative situations and help get through all the 'stuff' in their lives. It is in fact soul work but I have chosen to call breath-work therapy. I have started with sessions now and feel like I have found my souls true calling. Watch this space!






No comments:

Post a Comment